Sunday, February 14, 2010

Dominos and the Emperor's New Clothing

Tuesday my husband brought home a Domino's pizza. I always though their pizza wasn't that great but for mass produced pizza it was pretty good and it's cheap. Recently Domino's has been running commercial saying how they hear there customers complaints and they are going to address them by improving the product . They are going to make the crust better and add 40% more herbs to the sauce. That's great I thought, till I tasted the new product. Not only did it not taste better but, I thought thy may have substituted even cheaper ingredients. Now I am no expert but I know what I like. That got me to thinking why would Domino's say they were going to make their pizza better when in fact it's not. It's kind of like the fairy story of the Emperor's New Clothing. You remember the story the one where one person told the guy he was wearing the finest clothing. Everyone went along with it and the dude was running around in his underwear. It's the same premise ; tell people you are going to give them something better and whether you do or not 50% of them will think their getting something better.

4 comments:

  1. OMG... how true, the power of suggestion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. in the commercial it does say if you are not satisfied you get 100% back. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. so i know this is completely random but i know your in my english class and my math class right after it. Well i was in a head on collision and totaled my truck. I dont have a way up to the leader buildong after class and i thought maybe since we go to the same place you could help. if not thats fine to, just get back to me please. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cam, I think you are seriously onto something here... I truly believe this is something that a lot of advertizers do, and hope that the general public will not pick up on it.

    ReplyDelete